What are cookies?
Like many websites, we use “cookies” when you visit our Website. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive via your web browser and we use them for various purposes to improve your experience on our Website.
Further information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
What cookies do we use and what do we use them for?
- Doubleclick: This is a tracking pixel that records traffic coming from 3rd party sources.
- Google Analytics: Web analytics tracking (i.e. what pages you visit on our Website, how long you spend on the Website, etc.)
- Redis Session key: Open source, in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache and message broker
- Smarter Click: Popup and remarketing agency
- Google Adwords: Conversion tracking (i.e. what action (if any) you take in response to advertisements)
- Security Cookies: Session cookies used to support security measures within the Website
- Facebook: Conversion tracking (i.e. what action (if any) you take in response to advertisements)
- Student Money Platform: Stores only a session identifier on the client within a cookie and stores the session data on the server
- Mailchimp: Web analytics tracking to enable email sign up
- Twitter: Conversion tracking (i.e. what action (if any) you take in response to advertisements)
How to monitor or disable cookies
A web browser is frequently set to accept cookies automatically but can be changed to decline them. If you do not want to receive cookies from us, the “help” section in your browser should include information on how to disable cookies.
The site www.allaboutcookies.org also includes instructions for managing cookies on many commonly used browsers and you can find more information about controlling cookies at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Please note that by deleting or disabling cookies on this Website your user experience of our Website may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions on the Website.